These are my favorites for the month of April, and I have quite a few!
I’ve been trying out a bunch of new hair products and I have found a few that I really like. Also, if anyone knows of a good heat protectant spray, let me know. I am currently using one by Oscar Blandi, but it’s drying out my ends too much.
L to R: Healing Oil Spray, Moroccan Oil, H’Suan Wen Hua
1. Macadamia Natural Oil Healing Oil Spray: I have mentioned this product before, and I have been loving it this month. I spray it on my hair as a finishing spray to add shine and it smells amazing!
2. Moroccan Oil: I had tried Moroccan Oil about 10 years ago, when it was first becoming popular, and I thought it was just okay. My hairdresser always put this in my hair, so I decided to give it a go. I put it in my hair when it’s wet, before styling.
3. LUSH H’Suan Wen Hua: I have also mentioned this product recently in my post, Pampering Essentials. This is by far my favorite hair treatment, mainly because it’s a pre-wash treatment. I leave it on for 20 minutes, then wash and style my hair like I usually would. It moisturizers your hair without leaving it greasy.
L to R: Jaffa, First Timer, Abbie
1. Butter London Jaffa; I love this color! It’s a dark coral, almost red. It’s a great alternative to red.
2. Essie First Timer: First Timer is my new favorite green, and it’s definitely a soft green. Great for Spring! i have it on my toes right now!
3. Julep Abbie: This color is so bright and cheery. I wore it when I was in Disney World a few weeks ago.
L to R: RapidBrow, Anastasia Brow Wiz
1. RapidBrow: I have mentioned before that was I trying to grow my eyebrows back. I had a terrible salon waxing about 10 years ago (I came out of there with about 1/3 of my natural thickness). This stuff really works! I still have sparse areas, so I may purchase this again in a few months just for those areas. But my brows look so much better, and RapidBrow has made filling them in so much easier!
2. Anastasia Brow Wiz in Medium Ash: So if you follow me on Twitter, you would know that I dyed my hair from red to brown this month. Needless to say, I lasted 3 weeks as a brunette and I’m back at red again. But for those 3 weeks, I needed something for my new, dark eyebrows. I really like this product. It’s a super fine pencil, that gives very natural looking brows. I did only use this through the ends and I used MAC Omega eye shadow through the front of my brows.
Clockwise: MAC Cream Soda, LORAC Spotlight, MAC Old God, Maybelline The Rocket, Rimmel Scandaleyes in Nude
1. MAC Cream Soda: I always go through my blushes and stick a few in my makeup bag that I haven’t used in a while, so Cream Soda wound up in there. I actually wore it just about everyday this month. It’s subtle, but still gives me enough color on the cheeks. This product was Limited Edition from the recent Archie’s Girls collection, so it is unavailable now.
2. LORAC Perfectly Lit in Spotlight: Like the blushes, I also try to rotate my highlighting products. I put this in my makeup bag because it’s tiny (this is a mini version from a gift set, but it does come in full size). I forgot how much I love this product! I use a Real Techniques Contour brush to apply it to the tops of my cheeks and it gives an obvious, but natural glow. Think Mary Lou-Maniizer from theBalm, but less dramatic.
3. MAC Old Gold: This pigment is amazing! Mine is from the Hey Sailor collection, but it is available in MAC’s permanent line. Old Gold is a yellow gold, with green undertones, so it has the effect of tarnished gold.
4. Maybelline The Rocket: I have really been liking this mascara lately. Two coats give me pretty thick lashes. Next time I will need to opt for the waterproof version, since it’s getting warmer and more humid in Florida.
5. Rimmel Scandaleyes in Nude: So I have NARS Rue Bonparte, which is basically the same product (a nude eyeliner), but it only lasts about 20 minutes on me. I had been wanting to try Rimmel’s nude liner for a long time, but it’s always sold out here. I was in Target earlier this month and they had one left! I use this one my waterline pretty much everyday to take out the pink and it works great (and stays on for most of the day).
My last favorite isn’t beauty related. I have been re-watching Arrested Development for the millionth time, since it’s coming back in a few weeks! I wasn’t originally going to do this, but then I thought, “How often does your favorite show come back after 7 years?” i haven’t properly watched the entire series in about 2 or 3 years, so I have been enjoying myself quite a bit!
What have you been loving this past month?