My May 2013 Birchbox arrived in the mail on Monday, and here is what I received. For those who are unfamiliar with Birchbox, it’s a $10 monthly subscription box where you receive deluxe samples of beauty products and occasionally food or tea. Full-size products are available via the Birchbox website.
This is just an overview of my box, because I have only tried one of the products so far. If I wind up buying a full-size item, I will do a full review.
L to R:
1. Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle: This spray claims to be a leave-in conditioner that not only detangles, but acts as a thermal protectant, UV protector, locks color, and seals your hair’s cuticle. I have only used it once, along with my Moroccan Oil, and my hair feels about the same (but I don’t know how it will fare in the long run). This stuff smells amazing, like vanilla, and it’s also vegan.
2. Sumita Color Contrast Eyeliner: I haven’t used this liner yet, because I don’t go for eyeliner everyday, but it seems like great quality. The color name was not listed, but after looking at the Birchbox site, I assume I have the color Saleti which is charcoal grey. I swatched the color on my hand and it’s a nice matte, charcoal that glides right on. And this stuff sets! It also comes in lime green that I’m feeling tempted to buy for Summer.
3. amika Obliphica Hair Treatment: This oil treatment contains Sea Buckthorn Berry and Argan Oil, so I’m assuming it’s similar to the Moroccan Oil.
4. COOLA Classic Face SPF 30 Cucumber Moisturizer for Face: This moisturizer smells so good! I really hope I like this, because right now I use Origins A Perfect World SPF 25 and it’s just okay.
5. amika Obliphica Nourishing Mask: I love hair masks, so I’m very excited to try this! But we’ll see if anything can surpass my beloved H’Suan Wen Hua from LUSH.
6. Isaac Mizrahi FABULOUS Eau de Parfum: The scent of this perfume is fine, but I’m not one for fragrance so I will probably wind up throwing this away. My one complaint with Birchbox is that they give fragrance samples too often.
Do you subscribe to any monthly boxes? Have you tried any of these products?